Skip to main content
Anti-Plgiarism Stragegies for Research Papers from VirutualSalt
Strategies of Awareness
- Understand why students cheat.
- Educate yourself about plagiarism.
- Educate your students about plagiarism.
- Discuss the benefits of citing sources.
- Make the penalties clear.
Strategies of Prevention
- Make the assignment clear.
- Provide a list of specific topics and require students to choose one.
- Require specific comments in the paper.
- Require process steps for the paper.
- Require oral reports of student papers.
- Have students include an annotated bibliography.
- Require most references to be up-to-date.
- Require a metalearning essay.
Strategies of Detection
- Look for the clues.
- Know where the sources of papers are.
- Search for the paper online.
- Use a plagiarism detector.
Will C. Miller Memorial Library | Southwest Texas Junior College | 2401 Garner Field Road | Uvalde, TX 78801 | 830-591-7367 | swtjc.libguides.com/home